Grieving During the Summer
Summer on Long Island gives us so much to love, but if you are grieving, everything you used to enjoy about summer can feel different. For some, grief can be more intense during the summertime.
Often, those who are grieving can find it hard to cope with sadness at a time when everyone else is having fun. Here are some ideas to help you to get through the summer months while grieving:
- Go outside if possible. The sunshine and vitamin D is good a good stress reliever
- Try new summer activities and create new traditions
- Find a way to remember and honor your loved one through an activity you enjoy
- Remember that it is OK to have fun
- Remember that you are not alone