Parent Support Groups
” Until I discovered COPE, I had never known anyone who had suffered the loss of a child. I now know people who understand my pain and grief, and I can find support whenever I need it.” – JB
Losing a child is devastating. Having the peer support from other parents who can understand is life saving. COPE parent support groups offer parents a safe place to share their grief and find the tools to live with their unimaginable loss.
Participating in a group offers many benefits including:
- Receiving emotional support in a safe and non-judgmental environment
- An opportunity to begin and continue the healing process through sharing your own story and hearing the stories of others.
- Learn coping skills to help you through the difficult days of your grief journey.
- The opportunity to discover new traditions and ideas to keep your children present in your hearts and in your memories.
- Increased understanding of how children and other family members react to loss.
- Permission to grieve and permission to live.
Check the Calendar for our most up to date schedule of groups.
COPE also offers a Monthly Meditation Group for those parents and siblings interested in this type of support.
All new attendees must first contact COPE Clinical Director, Michelle Graff, LCSW at (P) 516-274-0540 or by email email@example.com.
Parents and siblings are welcome to attend more than one group, but all participants who plan to attend a group that they have not attended before must first contact the Clinical Director, Michelle Graff at firstname.lastname@example.org